The MSc in Agricultural and Food Economics gives the students the possibility to attain:
- credit training periods (with an Italian or Foreign hosting company or organization, allowing to gain 1 credit per 25 hours of training up to a maximum of 4 credits, taking place during the MSc program);
- non-credit training periods (similar to the previous ones, but taking place within one year after the MSc program conclusion).
Both credit and non-credit training periods are covered by a specific agreement between the University and the hosting organization, therefore covering insurance etc.
It is responsibility of the interested students to establish the first contact with an organization ready to host the training period. University offices will then agree with the student, his academic supervisor and the hosting organization the training project and prepare the necessary documents.
SMEA graduates can enjoy various professional opportunities, all characterised by a strong international dimension.
Some examples are:
- managerial positions in agri-food corporations (multi-national food companies, small and medium enterprises, retail chains);
- managerial positions in professional associations linked to the agricultural and food sector;
- consultants for agricultural and food companies;
- professional positions in international organisations;
- research positions in universities or applied research companies.
Sector of employment of graduates